Finding myself in the Middle East



Monday, August 31, 2009

Crisis in Kindergarten

Is 11 o'clock in the morning too early for a drink? It's 5 o'clock somewhere, and that will just have to be enough for me today.

So first, Princess is enrolled in a wonderful transitional kindergarten. The way it's supposed to work is that the teacher starts off the year in English, which is th only language that my daughter really knows as of yet, (although I did not have the heart to tell her that her endless sentences of gibberish are not, in fact Hebrew, until she came over to me the other day, tears streaming down her cheeks, and told me that the Israeli girl upstairs was ignoring her. "I said ghsae shameti bracha to her, and she just walked away!")

Okay, then a few weeks ago I discover that the transitional gan is not going to open this year. (I called the teacher. She did not call me. She was in a constant state of "totally just about to call you!" the whole year.)The reason why is so stupendously stupid and lowers my regard for mankind in general and mothers in particular, and gives me such a bad craving for Ben and Jerries Chunky Monkey that I will not write about it here. Suffice to say, it's a dumb and idiotic and maybe even moronic, but the bottom line is, I had to apply late for the govorment kindergarten and therefore I did not get into the one that I wanted.

I wanted that one because it's closer, all her friends are there, and I heard good things about the teacher. But! One must go on. I tried to be possitive about the new place, as can be clearly seen in the next few groups of parenthesis. I got into one that was farther away,(more exersise for me! Yay me!) does not contain anyone that she knows (she'll make new friends! It's good for her!) and has a new, untried teacher. (Fresh blood! New ideas!)

But. When I got the letter yesterday from the exciting new exersise-inducing, harbringer of new friends and container for fresh blood teacher, I realized that Princess is actually enrolled in a younger grade.

And now hours of phonecalls and pleading are before me.

So I ask you yet again, kind, understanding Internet. Should I wait an hour? Or can I have a drink now?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...