Finding myself in the Middle East



Thursday, May 12, 2011

New Digs

So, something I could never have predicted--I like living on the fourth floor!

No, really. I'm not just saying that while blinking back tears. And yes, there are many many (many!) annoying aspects to living up so high without an elevator. But I love it. I look out of my window, and I see trees. I see people from way up high, and it makes me feel slightly above it all, not in a snotty way, but in a taking-a-deep-breath kinda way. Also, no one is tramping past my door. Instead, it is I who tramp past their doors. Hehehhehe. Which means that I can yell at the kids sing with the kids and no one will hear.

I heart my new apartment. It is old, it is high up, it is crammed with our stuff, but it is also full of life and love and laughter and singing--and I am overwhelmed with gratitude for it.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...