Finding myself in the Middle East



Tuesday, October 1, 2013

The Theory of Relativity

The locust storm has passed, leaving blackened stalks in its wake.

Did I say locusts? Silly me! Mommy brain and all that. I meant family! My family has gone. All but one, and the last holdout leaves tomorrow.

And by blackened stalks I meant my refrigerator. And cabinets. And by flying house I meant flying house.

Did I not say flying house? I meant to say it.Repeatedly. And then cry a little and then write a blog post instead of cleaning up and/or making lunch for the kids who will be home in an hour and/or finishing the chapter I started yesterday because how does one write when the house looks like it was hit by something very large and slightly listing to port? Port being the kids' room that housed 6 kids under the age of eight for three weeks, and actually I have no idea if its port, but when things list, they always do so to port, amiright? Also, if you say "port" enough times, it loses all sense of meaning.

So the baby is named for my father, and I think I need the space and time to get very emotional about that, and about him, his silky and small perfection, his little nose and beautiful eyes and his long and slender fingers and toes that are startlingly and starkly like my father's. You have big shoes to fill, tiny little boy who has already stolen my heart. No pressure.  

Anyway, they're all gone! It will be so quiet here with just us! Who said that transitioning to a fourth child had to be hard? If I was a hashtag kind of person--which I am most definitely not--I would write something hashtagy about that. Like #easiesttransitionever or something.

It's a good thing that I would never do that. Being not hashtaggy and all.

#babywokeupsogottago




6 comments:

Maya Resnikoff said...

Mazel tov!

I heard someone's theory about new babies- that at some points, one more baby isn't hard, but other times it is (I think 1, 2, 3 and 5 were hard, the others easy, this theory originally coming from someone with 13 kids), but I imagine that it's probably actually different for each family. Me, I don't know at all yet- but I hope that this one stays as easy as possible.

Mystery Woman said...

Mazel tov :).

Proud Tante said...

mazel tov! a lot of nachas.

i happened to find 4 very hard, but 3 was a breeze. petrified for 5 in 7 or so weeks!!!!

Malka said...

Mazal tov! May you raise him to Torah, chuppah, and maasim tovim!

Anonymous said...

Mazal tov! May you have much nachas from him. (You don't know me at all, but I love your posts.)

JerusalemStoned said...

Thank you for your lovely mazal tovs! And regarding the transition from 3 to 4, it's actually kind of crazy...but seeing that my house contained 8 kids under the age of 8 for the past month, we're doing pretty okay.

Besides for the 1 AM feedings. Followed by the 2 AM feedings. Followed closely by the 3, 4, and 5 o'clock feedings.

Aaaand...baby's up. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...