Finding myself in the Middle East



Monday, October 31, 2011

Every Day

I clean and cook and
clean
and you, baby boy at my side
destroy faster than I can put together.
It's hard, sometimes, to wash dishes and them put them on the table
and put them back in the sink
you walk, my daughters, in sticky shoes across the floor
still damp from sponga and turn up your noses
at my attempts at dinner.

And I think, I can't.
And I think, it's too much.

And also it's cold and also we're broke and also and also and also

What?

You think that will make it all better?
I love you too, baby boy
Little girl
Big girl
But--

But there never was a but, you know.

The second you smiled

and asked me what clouds smell like

and arms flying, told me that story about Rav Shach

you, you three
you sticky picky three

take my protests

and breath

away.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...