Finding myself in the Middle East



Monday, February 21, 2011

This and That

So! We ripped out the floor that we installed less than a year ago and set fire to the landlords' cat. (and they don't even have a cat!) And now we are looking, looking looking, for a new place to live.

I can't really believe this. I can't believe that I have to say goodbye to my trees. I can't believe I'm uprooting my kids again, so soon. I can't believe that cleaning for pesach will be bitter and pointless in terms of spring cleaning, since we will be out of here a week after pesach. On the positive side, maybe I'll get more schar, since pesach cleaning will just totally be for the mitzvah! Also on the positive side, this is for sure not as bad as other things, like, say, the Spanish Inquisition. Because people got burned at the stake and stuff, so that was probably way worse.

In a totally unrelated side story to distract myself from my woe and angst, Princess was chatting with her friend in the park. She suantered back to where I was spinning Coco-pop on the merry-go-round, and I asked her what she had been talking to her friend about.

"Oh, you know," she said airily. "Nothing really, just life."

In another unrelated side story, Turtle just started eating vegetables! My mother's heart is beating with joy as I mash a sweet potato for him.

In a related side story, I am thinking about buying my landlords a cat. So that I can set it on fire.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...