Finding myself in the Middle East



Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Mommy Brain

I
just
don't
want
to.

But I'm doing it, picking
up
the everything,putting
back
the everything,
little cars
go in the car box
cereal bowls, crusted with uneaten corflakes and milk
get washed with warm water and soap
raisins smeared on the floor
get scraped up with my fingernail
and the garbage, down down
down
and around the back
all before he wakes up.

He wakes up.

I give him cornflakes and cars
and raisins and he smears them into the floor

Then reaches up

to me

for more.

I say,

"Say, raisins!"
"Say, more raisins!"

And give him some more.

3 comments:

Chanalesings said...

I so get it.

Anonymous said...

Awwww

JerusalemStoned said...

Chanale, I knew you would!

Cymbaline, :P

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...